For kids “The System” doesn’t work in the best of times. And during a time of global pandemic, there are even fewer supports. Psychologist Janay Sander joins Kelsey and Jay to discuss how best to support kids facing traumatic circumstances.
If you or a child you know in the United States is in a volatile situation or are subjected to domestic violence, please reach out to the following resources:
National Domestic Hotline (800) 799-7233
Crisis Text Line | Text HOME to 741741
What we discussed
- The System during COVID-19
- Issues with telehealth
- Importance of in-person home visits, especially for kids who can’t speak
- Resiliency of kids
- How to be present for kids
- Changes to system post-quarantine?
- Inequalities in juvenile justice and health systems
- How to help