Buy Where Am I Giving? at Indieboud / Barnes & Noble / givingBooks-A-Million / Amazon
Your Gifts Connect You to a World of Giving
Americans are generous with their pocketbooks, but trying to make a difference and actually making a difference are two different things. Where Am I Giving? by New York Times bestselling author Kelsey Timmerman takes you on a journey to meet people who will inspire you to live a purpose-filled, generous life and make the greatest impact you can through your career, time, consumer dollars, and donations.
This book will help you:
- Reveal the amazing opportunities you have to make an impact using your own gifts—and it doesn’t have to be money
- Understand the sociology, philosophy, anthropology, and neuroscience of giving
- See how giving can make you more connected and happier
- Examine types of giving, including microlending, volunteering, donating, ethical consumption, mission trips, voluntourism, child sponsorship, etc.
- Dive into a nuanced view of effectiveness of international aid and its intersection with development, politics, and culture
Where Am I Giving? is a fast-paced narrative combining compelling stories collected over 15 years of travel to 90+ countries, mixed with practical advice on how to make giving a part of our everyday lives.