1) I’m speaking at Manchester College in West Manchester, Indiana, Thursday in the Wine Recital room at 7:00 PM. I’ll be visiting a few classes during the day. (here’s a list of other places I’ll be in the near future).
2) Philadelphia’s libraries are staying open! I hope other struggling libraries around the country can say the same thing.
3) Harper bit me in the back.
4) If you’d be interested in having me speak at your school, church, organization, business, or cult, I made this handy page to help you.
5) I got grass stain on the knees of my jeans for the first time in a long time. It feels good. I was playing Aerobie (those things are magic) with my nephew Jared and I dove (okay, I fell) while trying to catch it. But now instead of my mom giving me heck about my green knees, Annie does.
6) The marathon training is going great. I ran 20 miles last Saturday and didn’t die. I have two more 20-mile runs until the NYC marathon on November 1st. Believe it or not the thing that I’m finding most challenging isn’t physical. It’s mental. Running four hours gets boring.